Card stock printer but also eco-tank (recommendations)

rich110991

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET-2720
Hey,

I’m looking for recommendations please. I need a printer that…

1. Can print on 300gsm thick card stock, without struggling.

2. Cheap ink or eco tank.

3. I need to print A4, but A3 would also be a bonus, as would the option to do borderless prints.

4. Colours need to be vibrant for art prints.

I’m not sure if such a thing exists. With the amount of people I’ve seen online asking for the same thing, it’s a wonder why one of the big manufacturers doesn’t make a printer specifically for printing on card?? There is a demand for it.

Also, lots of printers are out of stock everywhere! It’s a nightmare.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
- I think you are looking for the impossible - cheap inks for prints on card stock with vibrant colors , I would assume that printer manufacturers won't be interested or even able to serve such requirements.

- You don't mention the intended print volume but be aware that Epson or Canon printers for photo printing can easily handle 300 gr paper, the weight is not the problem but your intentions to use uncoated card stock and expect vibrant colors - you won't get that. You should support your art prints with a type of paper which is suitable for your prints - motives, paper ; paper companies like Hahnemuehle or Canson or RedRiver or.... have a wide range of papers suitable for inkjet printers. You will need to make a decision if you go for a printer with dye inks like the ET8500/8550 or pigment ink based printers like the Epson P700 or Canon Pro 300. Since you seem to go for a matte surface with the card stock requirement pigment based printers are probably a better choice.