Can't seem to get my Epson R2400 unclogged. Suggestions?

ap2400

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Arrrrgggg. I can't seem to get this thing unclogged. I have an Epson R2400 and use MIS K4 inks in the Spongeless carts.

I've tried using Windex
-on a paper towel folded and sliding the carriage over it to soak/wipe the heads
- soaking the dampening sponges all the way on the right and letting the heads sit on that for days
- dripping Windex on the nozzles and also trying with a tube on the nozzle connected to a syringe with Windex

Any other thoughts?

Any help appreciated!
-Thanks Wendy:D

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
One name "Art Entlich"...
http://www.octoink.co.uk/kb/questions/102/Printhead+Cleaning+:+How+to...

He has a VERY comprehensive cleaning manual that touches on some of the things you've tried but I suspect you may not have looked at in depth or possibly allowed to work long enough... (been there, done that, got a closer FULL of T-shirts :)).

The link above has his email address, just ask politely for a copy of his manual (include your printer model) and you'll get a lot of info back...

Hope that helps...

Martin

ap2400

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
websnail said:
One name "Art Entlich"...
http://www.octoink.co.uk/kb/questions/102/Printhead+Cleaning+:+How+to...

He has a VERY comprehensive cleaning manual that touches on some of the things you've tried but I suspect you may not have looked at in depth or possibly allowed to work long enough... (been there, done that, got a closer FULL of T-shirts :)).

The link above has his email address, just ask politely for a copy of his manual (include your printer model) and you'll get a lot of info back...

Hope that helps...

Martin
Thanks Martin, I will contact him. In the meantime, any advice? I'm seriously thinking about just getting a new printer at this point. Might try Canon next time around.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
ap2400 said:
Thanks Martin, I will contact him. In the meantime, any advice? I'm seriously thinking about just getting a new printer at this point. Might try Canon next time around.
If I can offer one key tip...

The main ingredient to any successful declogging exercise is the ability to walk away for days if need be, and not get locked into a battle of wills with the clog. Cleaning solutions require time to work their magic (ie: break down a clog) and sometimes common sense is sacrificed in a fit of pique/rage/frustration (delete as appropriate).

If you're thinking about dumping the unit you have nothing to lose really so perhaps treating it that way and going back to the wadded paper towel with a suitable cleaning solution (make sure you have the correct one with ammonia) and just letting the printhead sit on that for 24 hours. Avoid the back and forth "wiping" as that just buggers things up like sandpaper.

Art will be a useful source though so hopefully you've already heard back (if not, check your spam folder) and be into some bedtime reading. :)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
If I can offer one key tip...

The main ingredient to any successful declogging exercise is the ability to walk away for days if need be, and not get locked into a battle of wills with the clog. Cleaning solutions require time to work their magic (ie: break down a clog) and sometimes common sense is sacrificed in a fit of pique/rage/frustration (delete as appropriate).
Thats probably the best piece of advice I seen on this forum for a long long time.
Thanks websnail...:)

ap2400

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Well, I've tried pretty much everything and can't seem to get it to work. So I think I'm going to wave the red flag and buy another printer. I did let it sit for months without printing, so I'm guessing it's more my fault than 3rd party inks or what have you.

Anyone want to buy a R2400 for parts or repair? :)

-Wendy

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
ap2400 said:
Well, I've tried pretty much everything and can't seem to get it to work. So I think I'm going to wave the red flag and buy another printer. I did let it sit for months without printing, so I'm guessing it's more my fault than 3rd party inks or what have you.

Where are you in the world Wendy?

ap2400

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
websnail said:
ap2400 said:

Where are you in the world Wendy?
Texas