Can't get Mac Air to print correctly to network printer

bstrom1953

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
ricoh aficio mp c3000
I have a Ricoh Aficio MP C3000 laser copier/printer, aka c3030 DS on a network with IP address 192.168.0.168. WIndows 7 machines print to it with no problems. I want to print to it with Mac Air and MacBook Pro machines. After going to Ricoh and downloading the drivers Ricoh_PS_Printers_Vol_EXP_LIO_2.0.0.0(1).dmg for Mavericks (my Air is OSX 10.9.2) and unpacking and clicking on the pkg file, it said I was good to go.

Next I went to Printer/Scanners and added the printer using IP 192.168.0.168. RICOH Aficio MP C3000 PS shows up in the "Use" box so I do. Under Protocol I tried LPD and later IPP. After sending a print job, the printer starts up and I get pages of gibberish...lots of them...I am forced to turn the printer off because I can't get it to stop.

I was successful in connecting to a different network printer on a different network, an old HP LaserJet 5 clicking on the IP button and entering 192.168.1.55, using Generic PCL Laser Printer. Is there a generic driver I can use on the Ricoh?

What am I doing wrong? Thanks much. bstrom

Polly Parrot

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Xerox 3615
When adding the printer through the IP tab, use LPD protocol and put the queue name on "lp". Then scroll down and instead of selecting whatever printer it says is available go for "select software" and then manually select the software you just installed.