canons9000 Skid marks

pm

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I've done a lot of printing lately on glossy and satin papers, I have thes e skid marks on all my prints where the rollers pull the paper into the printer. I think there is a build up of some sort on the rollers, Question How do you get rid of the build up?

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
That's an odd problem. Once in a while I have streaks on some of my prints after a piece of paper is misfed into the printer. The next few prints usually have streaks on the top and / or bottom of the paper, but a cleaning cycle and a few runs of scratch paper has always cleared that up.

Now, if it is actually your rollers causing the problems then that's a bit more tricky. I've had to replace feed rollers on my laser printers, but never inkjets.

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Following up on Craig's post, I found that if I left photo paper in the feed area between print runs it picked up a bit of a curl and did get ink smears at the trailing edge when printing borderless prints. There was also some banding on the last 3/16 to 1/4 inch of these prints. I now store photo paper flat in the box and take it out only when I am printing photos. After the printing session all paper is removed from the printer and stored flat again. Canon has mention of this on its support site and suggests running the paper over the edge of the desk to reverse the curl. Better to not get the curl in the first place.

Latest posts