Canon S9000 Extended Nozzle Check - pls help with interpretation

kai_im_netz

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hello board,

I have a problem with slight banding in high quality photo prints with my Canon S9000. The standard nozzle check showed no problems at all, so I printed out an extended nozzle check (service/factory test printout) using the instructions found here:
http://www.printersiam.com/data/Canon Waste Ink Tank Reset Procedures.htm
Again, the nozzle test patterns are ok (one of the photo magenta and one of the yellow nozzles seem to be clogged, though I think thats not a big problem). But as you can see below, there are strange streaks appearing in the light gray area at the bottom of the page (and some small streaks in the black area, too).
What does this mean? :eek: Can you help my with interpretation?
If I print gray patches with photoshop, I don't see any problem.
I had severe clogging (especially in the black channel) before, but I managed to clean the print head using the standard procedures (distilled water, alcohol, compressed air).

S9000_ext1.jpg

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
This printer does not show up on Canon's USA site so I need some help in understanding how many inks it uses. I can see that there are six thin dye ink cartridges (cyan, magenta, yellow, photo cyan, photo magenta, black), but does it also have a thicker pigment black ink cartridge?