Canon S750

DKRoff

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Just registered on here today and I'm hoping I can get some help. I have a Canon S750 with new cartridges from Inkgrabber.com. I have tried printing some pics I have but when I do, they are really washed out, colors faded. They look fine on the screen, but not on paper. Web pages are washed out as well when I print them. I have Epson glossy photo paper to use, but have been using plain white until I can get things corrected. I did use the Epson paper for one print and it was just as washed out as the plain paper. I'm not real sure what I need to do to get a better looking picture, but I sure don't want to waste expensive paper trying it out.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

Grandad35

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900 (plus 5 spares)
Did you have the same problem with the original Canon carts? If the colors were OK with Canon carts, the problem is obviously with the InkGrabber carts. It is well known that 3rd party carts/inks do not give the same colors as the Canon carts, and this is why some people use "custom ICC profiles" for their printers when using these carts/inks - do a search for more information. Also, some 3rd party carts/inks do not always "fire" properly, and this would be shown as missing areas on a nozzle check.

Plain paper does not print the same as photo paper, and it is risky to draw conclusions about color based on samples printed on plain paper. If you live near a Costco, buy a pack of 125 8.5x11 sheets of Kirkland photo paper for about $19. You can cut three 4x6 pieces from each sheet, so you can run 375 tests for under $20 worth of photo paper.

Unless your monitor and printer have been calibrated, you can't expect what you see on the monitor to be reproduced by the printer. Learning what is involved in achieving a color managed workflow isn't quick or easy, and buying the hardware/software to make it happen isn't cheap. Here is a link that lightly touches on this subject:
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=625#p625

One of the benefits of using Canon ink and paper is that Canon provides the necessary "profiles" to calibrate their printers for this situation (the defaults installed when you install the printer drivers). You still have to calibrate your monitor, however.