Canon refill made easy

flow36

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
All it needs is a tiny bit of aluminum foil.

The light that shines up the cartridge is not detecting the ink level but rather it is the amount of light that comes back. Therefore why not reflecting the lot back right where it originates from as the light source (LED) and the detector sit close together on the little board in front of the cartridge. All it needs is to remove the board by cutting of the 2 little mountings, cut a bit of alu foil to size so it fits snugly into the now visible cavity and put back the little board with a drop of glue. Now the light will be fully reflected back to the detector. If a new tank is used it will register the tank as a full for the rest of its natural life. The only problem is that one has no indication when the thank gets empty. That can only be seen by removing the tank or the print loses color.

In order to refill I use self-cutting screws as can be seen in the picture. However these screws have to be stainless steel as any other metal would corrode and de-color the ink.

InkTank.jpg

PS. Spread the word.

Regards Wolf

brendo1988

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
No ti doesn't. Check out some of the threads about it.

oldkahuna

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
The really only reliable Canon Printer that I have found to be refillable id the i950 and the Canon i960, they use the BCI-6 take which are clear. Procedure: Remove tank, cover the bottom hole with Electrical tape or use the original cap and tape. Next look at the end of the tank on top faceing you as if you just installed the tank. Look for a small indentor circle. Take a small nail or something that will push this down and inside. This will not hurt the tank. Now draw up enough Ink, the correct color and injcet slowly into the tank up to the little piece of plastic that hangs down inside the tank. wait a few minutes because the cotton on the other side will draw some Ink into it. After this done reinject a little more Ink up to the piece of plastic. To reseal the Tank use an electric glue gun. It only takes a drop or so and can be removed next time you need to refill. The only Ink that use is made by Ink-Pro the formulation is exactly the same as Canon's. Hope this will any of you out and if you have question let me know but please put in the subject box Question about refilling Ink Tanks.
Thanks,
oldkahuna

fixup

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Believe me: buy a redsetter for $54 and refill with the German method. Don't bother with other stuff.

avolanche

Print Addict
Reaction score
oldkahuna said:
The only Ink that use is made by Ink-Pro the formulation is exactly the same as Canon's.
Thanks,
oldkahuna
Why do you think this ink is "exactly the same as Canon's"??

fish

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Sounds like a bit of spam. One post and kahuna has the exact Canon ink that nobody knows about?