Canon Pro9000 Mk2 left inactive for at least 6 months

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
On the subject of mistreating printers, I negligently left my Pro9000 Mk2 switched off for at least 6 months and this evening thought I would switch on and discover its fate.

I have Mikling's inks in original Canon carts.

So I printed a test sheet and it came out with an immaculate print at first attempt.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
My 95 year old uncle printed a picture today with his Canon MP610 after no use for 2 months and the print head shows irreparable electrical malfunction. Of course it could be the logic assay board. He's decided to get a new printer.

Hello Maxify! :thumbsup

PS - He also decided to get a new computer with an SSD. Bye bye sloooooow Pentium and HDD. :ya

Life is short, folks. You can't take it with you so enjoy while you're still on the right side of the daisies.

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
I bet that your uncle will love Maxie. Although, as they say, from love to hate there's only one step. :D

Know what ?. browsing on several Amazon sites I looked for customer reviews of Maxifys and they have the worst average opinions among all Canon and other brand printers.
People complaining about expensive ink, because a 70ml black cart costs twice as much as the 20ml black cart of Pixmas. Paper falling from the output tray because they forgot to open the internal insert. Impossibility to remove at will the cartridges when they want to mess with them. Machine non operative when there's no ink and they can't make photocopies .... and so on and on.

These kind of reviews are more telling about the IQ of the authors than about the article itself. :rolleyes:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I bet that your uncle will love Maxie.
Thanks. I think, too. He had several years of pure printing pleasure with his MP610. Never a day of trouble till now. Went weeks without a hiccup. Used only OEM ink cartridges.

I am also encouraged by @The Hat 's comments about not using his Maxify for extended periods of time without an issue. Perfect for my uncle.

These kind of reviews are more telling...
I agree that those types of negative comments are more about misaligned expectations than reasoned thought.

PS I have also forgotten to open the paper catch insert and had printed pages fall to the floor. I only have myself to blame for that! :(

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
There’s one thing that I hate about the Maxify intently, a number of its setting can only be done on the LED screen so this screen must remain easy visible for that reason from time to time.

It just means it’s impossible to place the Feckin printer on a high shelf up out of the way, as you can with a laser printer, I much prefer to do my print setting on the computer screen, so Baa to the Maxify…:somad

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
There’s one thing that I hate about the Maxify intently, a number of its setting can only be done on the LED screen so this screen must remain easy visible for that reason from time to time.

It just means it’s impossible to place the Feckin printer on a high shelf up out of the way, as you can with a laser printer, I much prefer to do my print setting on the computer screen, so Baa to the Maxify…:somad

Don't you never use it for copying/scanning ?
Mine is on a low table beside my desk (Ikea LACK € 5.99 ;)).

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Nope, I used it once to try it out and that’s all, I have an Epson 4490 beside me with VueScan software which is far better.. I have the Maxify covered with a cotton cloth and paper and a laptop stacked on top of it.. might as well use it for something else..
P.S. I hate the Fecky little touch screens anyway..:mad:

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 mk2 & Pro 9500
That's great news Emu I wouldn't have expected that after 6mths.

Kefp

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
TS9020, Pro100
My 95 year old uncle printed a picture today with his Canon MP610 after no use for 2 months and the print head shows irreparable electrical malfunction. Of course it could be the logic assay board. He's decided to get a new printer.

If your uncle has not bought a new printer, I do have have a brand new MP610, unused and ink carts. He is most welcome to it for the cost of shipping (I have no idea how much it will cost. I am located in San Diego). It is a few years old in the original box.

Edit:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
If your uncle has not bought a new printer
Thank you for your generous offer, Kefp. You are most gracious. :hugs

My uncle purchased a Canon Maxify and I set it up for him along with a new computer at the same time. He is enjoying both.

The MP610 is a great printer from the last of the better build qualities. You could sell it easily on Craigslist or eBay.

Again, thank you for your offer.

PS Your offer wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that you live in one of the best weather cities in the world and I am about to get 10 inches of snow here in the North Coast of Cleveland? ;)

Edit: