Canon Pro 4000 EC31-2F1C Error

RabbitholeGraphix

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 4000
Anyone have ideas on how to fix it? It is out of warrenty and I do have the service manual.

Problem was we moved it from one room to another in the house and performed all the steps for transporting, MINUS the locking the belt...(yes talk about a total f!*k up!)

Am I going to have to replace the Purge unit? the lock mechanism is not locking correctly...which is part of the purge unit.

Any help appreciated!!

Thanks

Edit:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Any help appreciated!!
Suggestions:-
I reckon you need to remove the top cover to gain access to the affect area, that way you can better ascertain what the issues are that your facing and manually moving the print head by hand to test the locking system..

P.S. Don’t forget the Latex gloves..

RabbitholeGraphix

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 4000
Suggestions:-
I reckon you need to remove the top cover to gain access to the affect area, that way you can better ascertain what the issues are that your facing and manually moving the print head by hand to test the locking system..

P.S. Don’t forget the Latex gloves..
Lol. Latex gloves were definitely there!!

So I'm thinking it's the purge unit. But the question is, is this something that needs calibrating after installing? It's a $300 part and if I have canon or another company work on it I'm looking at $120hr plus parts. I do run an h1625 (different breed) for work. But would like to know if anyone else has replaced the purge unit.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
is this something that needs calibrating after installing?
But would like to know if anyone else has replaced the purge unit.
Don’t jump the gun, check it out yourself, it may only need a clean…
And no, the purge unit never needs calibrating.. just cleaning…

RabbitholeGraphix

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 4000
Don’t jump the gun, check it out yourself, it may only need a clean…
And no, the purge unit never needs calibrating.. just cleaning…

It's not locking the head in place at all! Which I know is an issue. Some baby spring on a white thing went flying and is no where to be found(I could tell you what it is when k get home and look at the manual again) But everytime it goes to lock it fails and errors out. Why idk.

Btw thank you for replying!!

bobkat0178a

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pro 4000
EC31 2F1C Error Purge main cam sensor error (support number : 4801)
Detection
Description
The following failure is detected.· · Initialization of purge main cam position is failed. · · CARRIAGE UNIT is not able to be moved to the specified position when capping.
Handling
Check the items below.
a) The foreign substances such as paper debris are adhering around PURGE UNIT.
b) Scratch or stain on FILM, TIMING SLIT STRIP.
Without paper debris, scratch, and stain
Go to 2.
With paper debris, scratch, and stain
a) Remove the foreign substance.
b) Perform cleaning or replace FILM, TIMING SLIT STRIP.
After unlocking CARRIAGE UNIT with [FUNCTION > CR UNLOCK], perform [FUNCTION > CR
LOCK] to check CARRIAGE UNIT lock operation.
Proper operation
Reboot and recheck the operation.
Abnormal operation
Replace PURGE UNIT.

RabbitholeGraphix

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 4000
So today i replaced it and it finally locked into place but there is still the error? Thoughts?

RabbitholeGraphix

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 4000
Any Error codes? or information.
Same error code after doing nozzle adjustments like the manual says. And also kept telling me here and there that my lid was open even though it was closed.

Wandering if it is the timing strip/slit now as well. But cant see any scratches and cleaned it as well....

So idk what to do at this point. And I cant find the strip online to buy. But even doing the cr unlock/lock. It errors out again with the new purge unit.

Jim Doolittle

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pro 4000
Same error code after doing nozzle adjustments like the manual says. And also kept telling me here and there that my lid was open even though it was closed. Wandering if it is the timing strip/slit now as well. But cant see any scratches and cleaned it as well.... So idk what to do at this point. And I cant find the strip online to buy. But even doing the cr unlock/lock. It errors out again with the new purge unit.
Same error code after doing nozzle adjustments like the manual says. And also kept telling me here and there that my lid was open even though it was closed.

Wandering if it is the timing strip/slit now as well. But cant see any scratches and cleaned it as well....

So idk what to do at this point. And I cant find the strip online to buy. But even doing the cr unlock/lock. It errors out again with the new purge unit.
Were you able to get this fixed? I have the same problem, haven't ordered a replacement purge unit yet. Any insight would be appreciated, thanks!