Canon Pro-10s | Porous pad assembly

Wise

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pro-10s
Hi guys—

I’m new to the site and new to the world of Pro-10s.

I picked up a second hand machine a while ago, when I inspected it I saw there was an amount of ink that had leaked into the machine from what I believe to be bad seating of the cartridges...

So I have purchased a new print head and have set about stripping down the machine and cleaning out the ink! In doing so I have spotted the some thing has come loose - maybe it was while I was cleaning, I’m not sure.

The part is on top of what I believe to be the purge unit — a long white blade type part with a spring and smaller piece... now as I attempted to recover this assembly from within the parts separated and I have no idea how to assemble them correctly and insert them back...

Can somebody please help???
Thank you in advance
image.jpg
image.jpg

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
You could have removed the whole purge unit with one or two screws ...

IMO this was even not necessary.
The best way is spraying (demineralized) water with some detergent or ammonia on the parking pads, close the top and see if it is sucked away, repeat until the pads are almost white.

If you decide to dump the printer, contact us, it could serve as a voluntary to test if the Ink Absorber Counter could be resetted.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I would have been able to help, but I can’t get to my Attachment here on Nifty, because I have Pics of the purge unit with the wiper in place..

But I’ll keep trying.. You never know..

Wise

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pro-10s
Thanks for the reply @palombian — I didn't remove this piece, but clearly knocked it by accident…

The best way is spraying (demineralized) water with some detergent or ammonia on the parking pads, close the top and see if it is sucked away, repeat until the pads are almost white.

If you decide to dump the printer, contact us, it could serve as a voluntary to test if the Ink Absorber Counter could be resetted.

Wise

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pro-10s
Great this shows it in place really well… but it's just how the spring is attached — there's two parts to to this assembly combined with a spring, which clearly holds the piece under tension…

Do we know if we can purchase this unit anywhere?

Thanks all for taking the time to look into this for me!!

BarryN

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100
I would love to know how you removed the case.

Wise

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pro-10s
I would love to know how you removed the case.
Hey Barry—

I followed part instructions for another model of printer… pretty easy, but because of the difference in model I did snap off a few of the fixing lugs… I will try and find the instructions for you

Latest posts