Canon Pro-10S Group 2 Colors do not Print after the Printer was Left Idol for a Year- Help!

Dighini

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro 10S
I have been on a work contract away from home for just over a year. The printer was working as it should when I left but now none of the group 2 colors print on the test sheet. Could there be a clog in the print head affecting all of group 2 colors?

After deep cleaning group 1 colors print perfectly, but group 2 colors do not print at all.

I have replaced the print cartridges and removed and reinstalled the print head. I checked the purge unit and it is draining as it should.

Any insight into what the problem might be would be gratefully received.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Print heads are known to clog up if left for very long periods, but as long as you don’t try to test print something until you get a clear good nozzle check then the head can be saved and will work again.

Try posting a nozzle check here so we can see the extent of your problem..
P.S. nozzle checks are acceptable..

Dighini

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro 10S
Hi, thank you for your reply.

I have attached a photo of the print test results. As you can see none of the group 2 colors print apart from a faint raising of the paper on CO. All of the group 1 colors print perfectly.

So, I guess the question is there a blocage point that would stop all of group one colors printing, or does the problem lie somewhere else?

My uneducated guess would be a blockage because of the extended time the printer was left unused.

Attachments

• 20220503_082150.jpg
    20220503_082150.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 99

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
My uneducated guess would be a blockage because of the extended time the printer was left unused.
I tend to agree and besides its to early to replace the print head just yet, I also assume you’re using OEM carts and ink and that you shake the carts before installing them into the printer.

Firstly I would remover the head and leave it to soak in some warm water with a bit of washing up liquid in it, (Dreft or Fairy brand) and try changing the water every couple of hours, then leave the head overnight sitting in the liquid.

To reinstall you will need to thoroughly dry the head in a very warm place for a few hours, and before inserting the carts dribble a tiny bit of water on the ink inlets, then run an Ink Quality Maintenance Cycle before printing the first nozzle check.

You should see clear signs that the missing colours are coming back, but it may take a while for all the colours to recover fully, if this is the case then do a cleaning cycle and nozzle check every few hours.. Good Luck..

P.S. Don’t do any test prints till everything is perfect..

Dighini

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro 10S
That sounds good to me. The head is soaking. I will let you know the outcome.

Latest posts