Canon Pro 100 to Epson 3880 upgrade?

J.Emmett Turner

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro 3880; CR-10; C250DN; E809a
Thanks for that, I will speak to him to see if I can have a play first. I have been reading about the switch that fails. It seems that just the switch can be bought and replaced rather than the whole expensive unit. I am an engineer and it sounds like the sort of job I could maybe do myself. Famous last words!!! cheers again.
As a thrift store find, my 3880 came to me with that problem. I approached it with that same attitude and, as a result, I may have been the first to publicly report success replacing it without an adjustment program/ink initialization... and I managed to fix the old ink switch valve. :)

https://youtu.be/97XomNjdLHA

I only regret not being able to find the switch or damper assembly without the whole Ink Supply System (no longer a problem). Considering your willingness to get your hands dirty, I don’t think it should be a major concern for you at all.

If you can, bring a gram scale and weigh the PK cart. When the ink switch valve fails the PK cartridge typically leaks into the waste ink pads and, of course, the printer will report it as being more full than it is.

New/100% is 150g, spent/0% is 80g, drained/<0% is 60g.