Canon pro 10 "strange yellow"

Norbert

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson r 2880
yesterday , I removed the right side panel , made a hole on the part above the printhead wich give me direct access to the purge station which I cleaned by flooting it and soaking up the dirty liquid , took out the printhead and cleaned the light ink deposits around the nozzles . Putting this one back in place , the printer make automatic cleaned and the nozzles check was ok , but this morning ...........

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
, I removed the right side panel , made a hole on the part above the printhead wich give me direct access to the purge station
From what I can ascertain you’re not following any of the instructions you’re getting and just doing your own thing, there’s a good possibility that this could all end in disaster, the Pro 10 is not a forgiving machine and you may end up with a fatal error, if you’re not careful.

Your over thinking your problems and going your own way to solve the yellow issue, most if not all you’ve done so far has been a waste of time and taking you further away from the main problem.. Maybe you’ve done enough to make the purge unit work better..

Norbert

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson r 2880
Apart from the method used to access the purge station , I followed your advice , so I don't understand your way of answering me !

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
It seems there is a problem with the yellow cartridges or the yellow refill ink. I suggest to try a new OEM yellow cartridge.

Norbert

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson r 2880
well , yesterday I cleaned the 2 yellow cartridges (OEM carts) , this morning a nozzles check ..........yellow missing , after 2 nozzles check , it's good , but always the same problem

Attachments

• 20221213_191828.jpg
    20221213_191828.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 74

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
I've provided some instructions on how to flush the cartridges to remove any possible issues such as different ink formulations combining poorly in a way that promotes clumping/clogging... and also helping to flush the internal mesh and sponge in the cartridge.

I can see I need to do a more up to date video of that process so it's on my list but for now that's my best guess as to cause.

Norbert

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson r 2880
yesterday at 9 p.m : flush my yellows cartridges again and refill as Websnail recommended , and since this morning everything is ok , thank all for your help even if some confuse advices and orders :)
Merry christmas to everyone