Canon Pro-1 printing

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Well, not sure why you think LR is worse than PS...PS is a DESTRUCTIVE process...if you screw up there your picture is toast
The reason why I don’t use Lightroom, is because it got far too many unnecessary adjustments for editing a photo, and as for Photoshop been destructive, no not at all, but then all photo editing Apps can cause major issues to an original print if the editor doesn’t know what there’re doing..
Photoshop… I wouldn’t use anything else… :hugs

Andreas S

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Pro 3800, Epson 1400
Is it possible to be able to set the Mac up to the same quality has the PC, it is a bit of a ball ache swapping photos to the pc from the mac.

Why the difference from PC to Mac.

Thanks Andy

It is not a Mac or PC question, it's just that Canon developped a better driver for Windows users as they sell much more units to PC users. Canon isn't a classic graphic arts printer, their main business was CAD plotters and office printers.
If you use RIPs you will discover that Mac or Linux RIPs are much better than Windows RIPs as Windows can't "talk" directly to the printer and have to use printfiles <hiche are interpreted by the machine. MacOS or Linux "talks" to the printer and have much more possibilities to do very well tuned adjustements. On wide format printing the best RIP available is Linux and Mac only, for use on PC you have to run the Linux copy with an emulator. Once you compared a real highend Mac or Linux RIP to a PC version you will never aigain use PC software for printing. A driver is NOT a software in my opinion.

Latest posts