Canon pro-1 printhead issue

JJurdaneta85

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-1
Greetings L&G, my pro-1 MBK channel is firing half of the nozzles with less intensity, they mentioned it is an electronic failure on the printhead, so i have couple of question, is it possible to do something to fix the issue before buying a new PH? my second question goes: they also mentioned that buying a PH in ebay is risky due to the fack it might be refurbished and that wont get the issue resolved, any comments on this one?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 11.01.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 11.01.21 PM.png
    944.8 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
This is definitely an electrical issue with the MBK section in your nozzle check, and it’s non repairable, the CO section is perfectly normal, there is a grey colour underneath to help you see the output of the CO, otherwise it would be almost invisible to see. The CO never clogs…

Now the good news is you can still print colour photos on glossy paper with the head in that condition, but you won’t be able to print on Matte photo paper…

Stay off EBay for print heads !
A nozzle print is worth a thousand words...
P.S. A head replacement will require at least 40% ink in all tanks to complete..

TomAllaway

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pixma Pro 100s, Pixma Pro1
If you are in UK you can have printhead replaced by CRC Taskron.
Alternatively, you can obtain a New replacement printhead from this French dealer www.eparts.fr
Regards

JJurdaneta85

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-1
Hi Tom,

Let me tell you i really appreciate your help as well as Mr Hat! i will be in the US for a while, now a question comes, is this an authorized retailer from canon as Mr Hat mention it has to be a Original brandnew Printhead from canon... i am about to buy it heheh just want to check if someone has bought a printhead here and is reliable...

cheers, and thanks a lot

TomAllaway

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pixma Pro 100s, Pixma Pro1
Hi, CRC Taskron are main authorised service agent in Uk for Canon printers. However, they will not sell printhead for fitting yourself, they have to fit it themselves. This is who I used, drove down to them and waited - took about an hour.
I did consider buying from eparts in France (they are also authorised repairers) but will sell direct to public and ship worldwide. The only reason I had CRC fit mine, it got me out of the house and lockdown was about to start. ordering from espares was going to take 2 weeks to get it to me.
Regards

Latest posts