Canon Pro 1 leaking black ink on prints

bbcoach

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 1, Pro 1000, Epson 4
Hello, New member here, although I have gleaned lots of information to get my Pro 1 and Pro 10 printers going when I first purchased them. (Thanks to the Hat for all his knowledge) The problem I'm having now is with my Pro 1 dumping black ink on the prints when printing. I've been using the printer for over two years without a problem other than an occasional cleaning. I'm using OEM cartridges with non-OEM precision colors inks. I ran the Qimage unclog/test pattern with all colors selected, only the black selected and without any colors selected. Pictures attached. As you can see there is lots of wet black ink on all of them. Any suggestions would be appreciated before I dive in...

When I first purchased this printer used it did have some serious clogs. I followed some of the procedures found here and removed and soaked the print head which brought it back to life. Has worked fine up until yesterday.

I did refill the black MBK cartridge recently and didn't really print except for a couple of test prints after filling.

Attachments

• IMG_3816.jpeg
    IMG_3816.jpeg
    167.9 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_3817.jpeg
    IMG_3817.jpeg
    98.6 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_3818.jpeg
    IMG_3818.jpeg
    191 KB · Views: 173

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
When I first purchased this printer used it did have some serious clogs. I followed some of the procedures found here and removed and soaked the print head which brought it back to life. Has worked fine up until yesterday.
Welcome @bbcoach, you have an odd problem to say the least, because there is an ink tube going to the print head that’s either loose or is damaged, resulting in an oversupply of ink to the print head.

I said its odd because you’d normally get an error warning from the printer when this happens and its most unusual that you didn’t, it may also have something to do with your previous attempts to clean the print head.

The Pro 1 print head is non serviceable and should never be removed for any reason, unless to replace it by a new one, and the dampers and tubing are on a complete separate unit to the head and they should never be detached.

There is a leak in the black CISS tubing in and around the print head and the only way to find it is to go back in by removing the top cover and observe the printer in action, this is a very dangerous procedure and I wouldn’t wish it on anyone, (Open heart surgery)..

bbcoach

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Thank you for the reply. I sent you a PM.
Butch

bbcoach

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
It was leaking inside the print head, looked like from the foil seal on the top. Found a new Print Head at a good price and working great now. Thanks