Canon pro-1 b200 club member

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
I’d take with a grain of salt the opinion of Jtoolman in this matter. You probably know that, in the case of the Pro10 and Pro9500, Octoinkjet sells the same ink for 6 colors (PBK, MBK, GY, Y, C and PC) while M, PM and R are different.
Instead, all the inks that Octoinkjet sells for the Pro1 are only for this model, no compatibility at all with any Pro10/Pro9500 inks.

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
I’d take with a grain of salt the opinion of Jtoolman in this matter. You probably know that, in the case of the Pro10 and Pro9500, Octoinkjet sells the same ink for 6 colors (PBK, MBK, GY, Y, C and PC) while M, PM and R are different.
Instead, all the inks that Octoinkjet sells for the Pro1 are only for this model, no compatibility at all with any Pro10/Pro9500 inks.

José is changing his mind sometimes, but this could be a sign of progressing insight.
I don't believe everything what was told to me in the past anymore either.

Separate the 9500 inks: the original STS Lucia copies were not so phantastic in particular for gloss (neither the OEM's) and the South American production seems to be worse, that's why Octoinkjet has rationalised.
No problem with the blacks, grey and cyans, but the 9500 (Lucia) yellow is quite different from all subsequent Canon inksets.
Since the 9500 is phased out this is not a concern and I would not buy any ink specific for this printer again (probably never will use the M, PM and R - who needs some ?).

The PRO-1 has internal ink channels, 3th party ink has to be very close to OEM since you can't switch ink by changing a cart. Nobody will take a risk.
Another argument for the PRO-10.

Colour accuracy is very important for 3th party providers, most customers do not have a calibration device.

Last edited: