Canon Printers

Brac

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Over the years I have owned several Canon Printers. I do a lot of printing. In fact my printers are always running with banners and posters. My current Canon is a Pixma IP6000D. In each case, when the waste tanks became full, Canon tells me that I must send the printer to an authorized service center for the repair. Since there is no repair center in my area, I must send my unit out of state. The cost of shipping and handling plus the cost of the repair has made me decide in each case to junk the printer and get a new one with a new set of tanks and a one year warranty. The question is:
Can a consumer empty the waste tank on a Canon printer? If so, How?
Brac.

canonfodder

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Brac,

You sure can do that job yourself ! Well, lets say that you sure can if you can use a screwdriver and pliers and have a bit of skill at mechanical things and remembering what you took apart, and what goes where.

I say all this while not knowing a thing about your model printer! I can't tell you how to do it, but someone on the forum surely will be able to help you through this. Don't throw any more printers out, please!

Go use the "search" function on this forum. If that doesn't get you anywhere soon, go post again and set the name or title of your post to say just what you want, like "For iP6000, Please tell me how to empty waste tank".

If you do the new post, you can delete your original post, I think.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Click on the Inkjet FAQ's link near the top of this page and read the threads relating to this topic. You will find that most people just reset the counter without actually cleaning the waste tank, at least a couple of times.