Canon printers, power plug

cinnacar

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have 2 Canon printers that are in need of a power plug (i5000 and an older s820). They are interchangeable with the i860 plug (from actual experinece in using the printers). I'd like to pick up another power plug (or 2) and am looking at
1. possibly a low cost printer from ebay, maybe one sold for parts or
2. purchasing a new power plug.

Any idea where I can get a new power plug on-line? I prefer sites that you may have dealt with and have good feedback on. TIA!

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Have you tried your local radioshack?

jflan

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
My first thought would be to check with my local computer recycler.
They usually have quite a selection of this type of item.

Which reminds me, who would ever buy a USB cable @ retail after visiting a good re-cycle / re-sell shop ?

Trigger 37

Printer Guru
Reaction score
jflan,... You mention the Recycle or Re-Sell shops as if they are on every corner. I live in Northern California and I don't know of one. If you have a name I would thank you as I am always looking for these kinds of places.

tyamada

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Radio Shack has the power cord you need, they carry several different types so bring the one you know that fits to match them.

jflan

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Trigger 37 said:
jflan,... You mention the Recycle or Re-Sell shops as if they are on every corner. I live in Northern California and I don't know of one. If you have a name I would thank you as I am always looking for these kinds of places.
In the Portland area there are several.
Free Geek is the most well-known and there is one in Cornelius as well as another in Gresham.
They won't do you much good from NoCal.
Check with your local conventional recycler...they should know whose handling electronic items in your area.

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
Weird Stuff is one in Mountain View that has lots of power cords of all kinds. People go there for treasure hunt looking for all kinds of weird electroinc stuff.

cinnacar

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I didn't think of RadioShack, there's one just down the street from me. I'll have to check around for a "computer junkyard", I know where there is one in my old city, but haven't found one here ..yet.

Trigger 37

Printer Guru
Reaction score
jflan, Tin Ho,... Thanks for the information. IF I can find once of these it would be of great help. Like I said in an earlier note, I have about 30 printers in need of repair and some of them are missing the AC/DC power adapters. It seems when people dump their printers, the AC/DC unit is the first to get lost.

The ones on eBay cost as much as I typically pay for a printer. Not worth it to buy one there.

jflan

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Trigger 37 said:
jflan, Tin Ho,... Thanks for the information. IF I can find once of these it would be of great help. Like I said in an earlier note, I have about 30 printers in need of repair and some of them are missing the AC/DC power adapters. It seems when people dump their printers, the AC/DC unit is the first to get lost.

The ones on eBay cost as much as I typically pay for a printer. Not worth it to buy one there.
Oh yeah, the recyclers have bin upon bin of those things.
I'll have to send you some pictures :)