Canon Printer Question.

SpartanWarrior

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Right now I have the Pixma iP4500 and want to move up to an A3 printer, due to the fact that they are huge printers I cannot fit the Pro 9500 Mark II on my desk (no room) and came by the Canon Pixma iX6550 which is more compact, does anyone have this printer? and does it give great prints? thanks and merry Xmas to all;)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
SpartanWarrior said:
Right now I have the Pixma iP4500 and want to move up to an A3 printer, due to the fact that they are huge printers I cannot fit the Pro 9500 Mark II on my desk (no room) and came by the Canon Pixma iX6550 which is more compact, does anyone have this printer? and does it give great prints? thanks and merry Xmas to all;)
If you can rearrange your print room setup a little more it might be more prudent than getting the iX6550.
Its a nice little printer but has the small cartridges on board and would not be suitable for large size prints at all, in my opinion.

The Pro 9500, the Pro 9000, the Pro 10 and Pro 100 would be a far better choice
and would give you a greater variety and quality to your output, (All are refillable).

IF you can reasonably fit one into your room that is. :fl

SpartanWarrior

Printer Guru
Reaction score
The Hat said:
SpartanWarrior said:
If you can rearrange your print room setup a little more it might be more prudent than getting the iX6550.
Its a nice little printer but has the small cartridges on board and would not be suitable for large size prints at all, in my opinion.

The Pro 9500, the Pro 9000, the Pro 10 and Pro 100 would be a far better choice
and would give you a greater variety and quality to your output, (All are refillable).

IF you can reasonably fit one into your room that is. :fl
Thanks for the advise I was afraid of that lol,, anyway my print range is in the A4 range for wedding work, but wanted an A3 printer just in case they wanted something bigger, ok is there an A4 printer better than the iP4500 also for refilling the carts? reason I ask is the iP4500 is getting kind of old but still prints great but wanted to buy something else just incase, thanks;)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Sadly the iP4500 was the last of the great ones built by Canon so hang on to it for as long as you can
because youll find any of its new replacements will be of a poorer build quality, smaller cartridges and nowhere near the longevity.

Look on the bright side you still have time to find another one in Craigs list or garage sale.