Canon; Print on different nnvelope sizes?

digitalartist71

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Does anybody know if I can print custom size envlopes on the Canon printers like the Ip3000 or ip6600? or only set sizes it may have?

i have a ton of greetinf card sized envelopes i would like to print to from a Access database...don't want to use labels..but print on the envelopes.

thanks.

if the canons cannot..can the Epsons?

drc023

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, iP8720, MG6220
No problem at all. For mailing lists I normally use MS Publisher mail merge function with an Excel file as my data source, but Access, csv files, and others are also supported. For return addresses or only a few addresses I simply enter my data straight to Publisher.

digitalartist71

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
thanx drc.... but do you know if it is possible to print a odd size envelope...instead of just standard envelopes..i.e. greeting cards, etc. not just check size.

hpnetserver

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Absolutely. Just select paper size to custom. Set the size to your envelop or post card. Then print it.

drc023

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
I rarely bother with paper size settings. To the printer, everything is 8.5 x 11 and all I do is position my text frames or graphics to where it will print on the envelope, cards or any other odd size piece.

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Ron - I read somewhere that the ip4000, 5000, and possibly other pixmas set the paper gap wider when envelope is selected in the software. ???? I did get some smearing on envelopes when printing them on my wife's ip5000 and did them on my HP5p laser printer instead.

drc023

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
fotofreek said:
Ron - I read somewhere that the ip4000, 5000, and possibly other pixmas set the paper gap wider when envelope is selected in the software. ???? I did get some smearing on envelopes when printing them on my wife's ip5000 and did them on my HP5p laser printer instead.
That's true. When the envelope setting is used, the printer has a wider gap to compensate for the extra thickness and it should help with smearing. I don't use the envelope setting because it slows down printing when doing a large volume when the paper size doesn't match an envelope size, i.e. #10. If there is any smearing it will be cleared up after a few envelopes have been run through. I always keep a supply of scrap envelopes around for setups and cleaning the ink rolls.