Canon PixmaiP4000 Pictures printing out in brown

Marcy

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have a Canon PixmaiP4000 I have cleaned everything on the printer and when I print out my black and white photos they come out brown. I use the Canon Matte Photo Paper Any suggestions please.

Marcy

Marcy

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
ghwellsjr said:
What ink are you using?

What does a nozzle check look like?
Thanks for your reply. :) I am using 3e Canon ink cartridges for all colors and 6 for gray tones. The nozzle head is round. I have cleaned and recleaned my cartridges and one everything possible. I was getting red print outs that have now turned out brown. I have no idea why. Do you think it's a new ink cartridge problem?

Thanks for your help.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
The last time I got a brown instead of a red was because I'd used a light/photo magenta cartridge/ink instead of the proper Magenta...

It's something you can do with the chipless Canons and it's always a bit embarrassing when you figure it out... ;)

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Marcy said:
I am using 3e Canon ink cartridges for all colors and 6 for gray tones.
I'm not sure what you mean. Let me ask the question another way. As you look at your cartridges when you open the printer cover, what are the letters and numbers on each cartridge from left to right. They should be;

6 3e 6 6 6
BK BK Y M C

Here's a photograph which isn't very clear if you look at the cartridges but the label below the print head is very clear:
Print_Head.JPG

Is that what you have or do you have something different?

Can you also do a nozzle check?It should look like this:
Nozzle_Check.jpg

Do you know how to do a nozzle check?

Marcy

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
ghwellsjr said:
Marcy said:
I am using 3e Canon ink cartridges for all colors and 6 for gray tones.
I'm not sure what you mean. Let me ask the question another way. As you look at your cartridges when you open the printer cover, what are the letters and numbers on each cartridge from left to right. They should be;

6 3e 6 6 6
BK BK Y M C

Here's a photograph which isn't very clear if you look at the cartridges but the label below the print head is very clear:
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/img/files/Print_Head.JPG

Is that what you have or do you have something different?

Can you also do a nozzle check?It should look like this:
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/img/files/Nozzle_Check.jpg

Do you know how to do a nozzle check?
Thanks again and the pic of the cartridges is exactly like mine (sorry about that. LOL) The label is clear. I have done 'deep clean' etc., and also a nozzle check. The light blue does not come out as a solid line, but light blue (solid line) and under that a lighter blue and the rest of the lines are as they should be

I sure appreciate your time troubleshooting for me. I am still trying everything I can think of.

Marcy

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
websnail said:
The last time I got a brown instead of a red was because I'd used a light/photo magenta cartridge/ink instead of the proper Magenta...

It's something you can do with the chipless Canons and it's always a bit embarrassing when you figure it out... ;)
My face is beginning to turn red! :rolleyes: I always get the best Cannon cartridges and never have any of my cartridges refilled with ink even though my Canon Printer is 5 years old. Had no problems last week at all so have no idea what is going on.

Thanks for that idea and I'll keep it in mind. :)

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Marcy said:
The light blue does not come out as a solid line, but light blue (solid line) and under that a lighter blue and the rest of the lines are as they should be
I'm not sure what you are trying to communicate here. Are you saying that your top cyan (light blue) bar is not a solid, consistent color like it is in the picture? Can you take a picture of it and upload it?

wilko

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma
Marcy said:
I have a Canon PixmaiP4000 I have cleaned everything on the printer and when I print out my black and white photos they come out brown. I use the Canon Matte Photo Paper Any suggestions please.

Marcy
Try printing in grayscale (printer properties).

Latest posts