Canon PIXMA TS9020 5011 Error Code and other questions.

Regdrags

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon PIXMA TS9020
Hey guys - I have been searching through the internet to find the exact cause to this problem and also looking at way to make sure that my next printer doesn't fall into the same problem.

So I brought a TS9020, Pixma canon printer a few months ago. Worked AMAZINGLY. I brought refillable cartilages that so far have not given me any problems. I just print artprints of my artwork and comics. I don't work with the printer for no more than a few hours a day or a few days since I don't want to over work it.

A few days ago it started to give me the 5011 Error code. The last thing I did was print out 10 pages of one side of my comic. I then turned it off. It was working normally and I did not change anything to ti. I have not updated any firmware on it. The carts have been working well with no report of leakage or the prints coming out "off".

I have removed the carts (had to be slightly careful since for a day, the print head/carrier would not move to the left, as stated from a few google searches.) and will be sent another. But this has been bothering me and I actually been taking a look at the inside of my now dead printer to see if there was an error in my part of taking care of it. So far, aside for a tiny bit of stained ink on the right hand side from the carrier moving left and right, nothing has been noticable or would be the cause of this.

Does anyone know what exactly causes this error code?

Do refillable cartilages with ARC have the potential to cause this? I have been using these for over two months with no problems with leakages, no ink, etc.

And: Would the ink waste system in this printer (I honestly have no idea if it even has one or where it is located. I have a clue but no way to figure out how to access it.) cause this error? I am sorry for any reposted questions or stupid ones in general. Thanks for any and all replies.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Welcome to the forum, Regdrags. Sorry to hear of your printer woes.

Does anyone know what exactly causes this error code?
The cause may be one of several things, such as:
  • the carriage holder is stuck
  • there is a paper jam
  • the timing strip is dirty.
http://www.canonprintersupportnumbers.com/blog/how-to-fix-canon-printers-error-code-5011/

Do refillable cartilages with ARC have the potential to cause this?
Doubtful.

Would the ink waste system in this printer (I honestly have no idea if it even has one or where it is located. I have a clue but no way to figure out how to access it.) cause this error?
Doubtful.

Since your printer was still under warranty, you did the correct thing and contacted Canon Tech Support. I assume the "sent another" is another printer. Good!