Canon Pixma Pro9500

tom2hoot

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Is their any refill system for the Pixma Pro9500 (pigmented ink) printer?

rehardwick

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The new Canon Pro9500 and MX7600 printers are into Lucia pigment inks, namely
PGI-7 and PGI-9. It appears that the PGI-7 Black is a renaming of the PGI-5 Black because they both
print at 600 x 600 dpi (5 picoliter), while the PGI-9 print at 4800 x 1200 dpi (2 picoliter). This is a finer
particle size than what is used in their large format printers.

I recently placed an order with Hobbicolors and asked if they might provide those inks and they said:

Our supplier does not offer color pigment based ink for Canon Pro9500 and MX7600 at the moment. They seem
not going to develop such ink unless there is a volume demand. For the moment the demand is too little to be profitable
for them. Last time I checked, their pigment based ink for Epson was extremely expensive.

Hope that helps.

rehardwick

KD5HK9

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have received my Lucia compatible PGI-9 refilling inks from www.InkJetCarts.us (only supplier I've found worldwide.
Inks swab test very good, colorations very good.
They appears to have an OEM matched inkset for every single canon pigment printer.
I did some browsing through their site, they have the full 12 colors for all models.
Very inexpensive only $14 for 120ml wide mouth bottles.

Now that that's outta the way on to refilling the carts.

good luck.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.

KD5HK9

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Smile said:
KD5HK9 said:
They appears to have an OEM matched inkset for every single canon pigment printer.
Because canon has only 1 pigment printer (not wide format) that is only inks for 9500 :(

I don't see Red and green inks for my Pro9000 Printer
http://www.inkjetcarts.us/Categorie...t+Carts:Canon:Pixma+Pro+Series:Pixma+Pro+9000
BTW I posted about ink mate inks has anyone any information about them?
I have called InkJetCarts and they have the Red & Green CLI-8 carts and OEM matched inks.Don't know why you post about Pro 9000 (a photo dye ink printer). Plus they tell me they have the NEW ARC (auto reset chips) as well.

I was originally only responding to the post about the pigment inks for the new Canon pigment printers with Lucia inks.
11 different Canon pigmented ink printers are now on sale.

Direct from Canon website about Pro 9000;
The PIXMA Pro9000's ChromaLife100 system combines the benefits of dye-based ink, Canon photo paper and FINE print head technology to produce long-lasting, beautiful prints. With an 8-color dye ink system, the Pro9000 produces a wide color gamut to achieve vivid coloration and high glossiness.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Canon has only Pro9500 and Large Format Printers like IPF series that use pigment ink. All other printer suse only black PGI- cartridges to print text only.

I know my printer uses dye inks. I posted because I was too looking for sources to get pigment inks a while back. Back then I searched without luck and decided to get Pro9000 instead, Pro9000 has better print speeds, can print glossy prints and is compatible with more papers than pigment version.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
They exist: refillable blanks for the Canon Pro 9500 PGI-9 cartridges, but you have to transplant the chip from your original chip onto these blanks. Ink monitoring have to released, so no ink level detection.