Canon PIXMA Pro 9000 Review

panos

Print Addict
Reaction score
I also noticed Vincent has reviewed the 1pl six-color 6700 and the eight-color HP Photosmart Pro B9180.

The HP model is quite groundbreaking (CIS-based, pigmented inks offering 200+ year photo life based Wilhelm's tests and backup nozzles to avoid lines) and the reviewer states "I have tried to avoid using too many phrases like The Best Printer to date, but to hell with it, it is the best printer I have used and HP should be given every credit for it."

I am not very interested in photo life but the prints looks spectacular and considering that auto-resetting cartridges for HP have already appeared on the marked -- it means that combined with quality pigment-based inks this printer could very well be a refiller's dream.

KnightCrawler

Printer Guru
Reaction score
panos said:
I also noticed Vincent has reviewed the 1pl six-color 6700 and the eight-color HP Photosmart Pro B9180.

The HP model is quite groundbreaking (CIS-based, pigmented inks offering 200+ year photo life based Wilhelm's tests and backup nozzles to avoid lines) and the reviewer states "I have tried to avoid using too many phrases like The Best Printer to date, but to hell with it, it is the best printer I have used and HP should be given every credit for it."

I am not very interested in photo life but the prints looks spectacular and considering that auto-resetting cartridges for HP have already appeared on the marked -- it means that combined with quality pigment-based inks this printer could very well be a refiller's dream.
I think I would rather save $300 and get the Pro9000 for $400 at $700 the HP B9180 had better be a great printer. I think I would wait for the Pro9500 and see what it has to offer and how much it will sell for.