Canon Pixma Pro 9000 Parts Manual

golferdc

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi

I recently bought a used Pro 9000 printer and it appears to have been used quite a bit. I would like to clean the waste Ink sponge and tank at the bottom of the printer. I got a Service Manual on eBay but it doesn't show how to open the printer or how to get at the sponge. Is it possible to buy a manual or can someone tell me how to clean the Waste ink sponge and tank? Thanks for your help

Golferdc

Xalky

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I'd be very interested in this too!

If anyone has a how-to with photos or an assembly drawing or procedure that would be awesome.

Xalky

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
After some research I did find a place that sells repair /parts manuals for what seems like most printers. Here's the link for the one I boughthttp://www.2manuals.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=pro9000&x=9&y=12. I let you know if theres any dissassembly instructions. I haven't had much chance to look thru it yet but it's definitely official canon repair manual with part #s and all.

Xalky

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
golferdc; What you need is the parts catalog, which shows assembly blow-up drawings and order of assembly. the Parts Catalog is available at the above link for 6.99 and it's an electronic PDF that gets downloaded as soon as you pay for it.Most of the outer case just looks like it clips together. starting at the top and then the sides. The n some screws reveal themselves as the outer skin is removed. It really doesn't look like there's a tank per-se, just quite a few layers (5-7)of felt absorber.

golferdc

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Xalky; Thanks for your info. I found out on another forum that the Parts catalog is the one I want as it shows exploded diagrams of the printer with info on how to disassemble. I will download the parts catalog soon. Thanks again for providing confirmation that what I want is the Parts Catalog.