Canon Pixma Pro-1 print head will not move to be replaced

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
It's two leds flasing alternatively 10 times each
That could mean anything, so what were you doing just before you got this error message, printing, cleaning or changing some carts ? …

Give a little bit of history, plus can you show your last nozzle check..

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I noticed the error B200 in the screen clip. There is no service manual to be found for the Pro 100 but the error B200 usually means defective printhead, so you will need to get a new printhead to get the printer going again.

I don't know the Pro 100 but on other Canon printers you will have to remove the upper part of the casing to get access to the print head carriage to change the printhead.

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
Not strictly true. You can drill a huge hole at one side and get access to the carriage without removing the case. :D
I wouldn't ever do that to my Canon Pro10.. That is, unless it was mandatory for recovering the control of the machine. After all I have a 3D printer for making a custom plastic part to hide the blunt 'surgery'. ;)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Not strictly true. You can drill a huge hole at one side and get access to the carriage without removing the case
It’s surprising what some guys will do to their lovely printer.. :ep

The B200 is the print head, but something else may have happened also to cause the printer to issue this error..

Last edited:

arora12

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro 100
That could mean anything, so what were you doing just before you got this error message, printing, cleaning or changing some carts ? …

Give a little bit of history, plus can you show your last nozzle check..
I've used this printer about 6-7 times only since I got it
It usually sits at a location plugged in
I just tried using it about a week ago after it sitting about a couple of months and when I pressed the power button it started doing those lights since
Tried different power sockets and cables and same issue
I already have the replacement printhead, shall I try replacing it?
Just can't get the cart to move to the middle, if that's not possible I guess I can disassemble it?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I just tried using it about a week ago after it sitting about a couple of months
It’s a bad thing to try and print something on your printer that has sat ideal for weeks/months, it’s always wise to start you print day with a nozzle check first..

But first you could try un-plugging it from the power socket for 5 minutes, then raise the top lid and power it on again..

But you must watch and listen to see if the print head moves ever so slightly to the left and if it does then pull the power plug immediately, you’ll have to be very fast dough..

Changing the head is very simple..