Canon Pixma printers going begging

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
I'll keep this brief as my prolonged absence from the forums has been caused by a lot of work and that's not changing so here goes.

I have a number of Pixma iP4200's (and a couple of other models) which have been modified and/or fitted with CIS kits at some point or other over the last few months to years.

Most have started having problems that are more indicative of ink ageing rather than printhead damage but chances are they will need cleaning up...

I'm offering these to anyone who wants them and can afford to pay for the shipping.
(I'll even ship to the USA if you're really THAT keen!)
If you'd like to make a donation to the Red Cross or similar by way of a contribution then that suits me fine too...

They are located in the UK and won't come in original boxes...

Printers will come with:
- set of empty cartridges (no CLI-8BK's sorry)
- used printhead (not blown up but will require TLC to get working)
- power cable

Models available:
- iP4200's (3 immediately available - 3 more soon)
- MP500 (1 available soon)

Also, I'll be using one of each of these models (ip4200, iP4300, iP5200, iP4500) to take apart and install an external waste ink tank on (so I can document the process). Those units will be sold via the Octoinkjet.co.uk site once I'm done and will include new printheads so if you're after one of those then keep an eye out...

Yeah, I know... rambling email but tired and bleary eyed... still very much alive though... Oh and wife (+ baby to be) are still doing great... 7 weeks to go... Eeek!! :D

alexandereci

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Will you be willing to ship to the Philippines? How much will that shipping cost?

Just give me a working printhead and I'll be happy.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
alexandereci said:
Will you be willing to ship to the Philippines? How much will that shipping cost?

Just give me a working printhead and I'll be happy.
I have some printheads here that may work if you can clean them up but I can't promise anything unfortunately... You would need to find some rubber grommets from one of your own though because they are missing.

Not sure how much shipping would cost but I'm happy to ship at cost.

webbandit

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have a mp530 for parts or repair. It started giving me error's and wouldn't work half the time. I've had it about 2 years but it was a refurb when i got it. I found a mp830 so i replaced it. I also have a brand new sealed mp530 print head, driver cd, and 2 user's manuals. I don't have the original box for the mp530 so if anybody wants it I will ship it in the mp830 box. If nobody want these items I'll probably toss them, so make me an offer.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
It would be helpful to know where you are located, webbandit.

sammy123

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
hello,

I am looking for a used Print Head for a Canon MP530. Will pay for shipping to USA. Send me a PM if you got one and your going to toss it. Thanks and Happy Holidays! {](8-P)( )( ) snowman

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
sammy123 said:
hello,

I am looking for a used Print Head for a Canon MP530. Will pay for shipping to USA. Send me a PM if you got one and your going to toss it. Thanks and Happy Holidays! {](8-P)( )( ) snowman
Think I can manage that... but you'll have to help me out a little... which printhead has the MP530 got in it?.. it'll be stamped on it with prefix "QY"