Canon Pixma MX725 - Paper jam cleared but had blown fuse

Hanger18

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP560
SERIAL NUMBER - ADGX13784
WINDOWS 10 64BIT - HOME

Hi I completely cleared the jam, after unplugging the printer 1st, and when I plugged it back in = totally dead.
So I changed the fuse, and plugged it back in, and still nothing!
Anyway I have just been chatting to Canon Support who when I told him the above said that it would be a repair! So, I told him that I would not be able to afford that - He came back and said it should be about £50, and sent me a link to complete for them to give me a better idea on cost

This was a bit of a farce, as it was all to do with Scanners & CD Drives! So I went back to him, and got a vaguely relevant form - then had to edit my details - as they wanted a mobile phone number. Then reloading the form - after that he'd gone - and so had the form!

To be honest I have never had any printer fixed for me before, and always got them working again - just don't trust them not to add on Postage, Vat etc etc!

I had seen a former Canon engineer on another site recommend the Canon user forum as being a good place to ask a question - but totally unable to find it!

So, if anyone has any useful ideas I would love to hear them (or if anyone is aware of the Canon user forum proper web address 🤔) I would be very grateful!

Thank you for your help

Jon