Canon Pixma MP620 printer error

barfl2

Print Addict
Reaction score
My printer worked perfectly on USB cable but I thought why not get it doing it wirelessly for when the grandchildren want to send print commands from the lounge. I duly carried it out to router area plugged it in and selected WPS in the LAN settings I then pushed the WPS button on router and all seemed fine.

Now it will not print either wirelessly or via USB Cable (tried 2) it shows up correctly with green tick but as soon as you try to print it throws up the yellow triangle error message.

None of the usual error checking systems work but say fixed. But it is not and I have tried removing it re-installing trying a different name but every time it says ready green tick but the test message brings up the error. the Canon utility does not seem to be able to sort it.

Any ideas anybody
barfl2

Harvey

Print Addict
Reaction score
Go so settings, device settings, once there you will see reset settings, hope that helps.

Also you can do this in your Pc, start, devices and printers, right click on your printer, see what´s printing and then you eliminate previous jobs.

barfl2

Print Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Harvey, already tried all of those ideas. oddly even after reset the wireless LAN still shows all the correct router information.

Wish now I had left well alone with the original USB cable

barfl2

Print Addict
Reaction score
After many hours of effort and contact with Canon UK not a lot of help) have finally cracked the problem and am now connected via wireless. I re-installed wireless LAN from the router WPS button method (leaving all doors open). All the info. was on the 620 screen IP/Mac/channel etc.

However still would not print after looking at the network utility help pages which are not that easy for an oldie like me to understand. I found the trick was to R/click printer in Printer/Devices select printer properties then select ports. Click add port and fill in the IP numbers click OK and that was it. It works fine between the 2 rooms with doors closed.