Canon PIXMA iP6600D Printing Problem

here2rock

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
My Canon iP6600D is about 3.5 years old. It has been a great printer but I am starting to have some problems now.

It is having problems printing red and dark grey colours. The prints generally seem to be too green.

I am using brand new original canon cartridges. I have tried deep cleaning (A few times), print head alignment and also normal cleaning.

I have printed the nozzle check pattern, which is a 10 rectangular patterns, the problem seems to be with the magenta (5th rectangular) and photo magenta (10the rectangular).

Initially the fifth rectangular pattern (Magenta) was not visible at all and the others had horizontal lines in them.

I took the print head out and cleaned it with the Windex, it improved the results a lot but still not perfect like before. I ran the nozzle check pattern again now the the fifth rectangular pattern is visible (Magenta) and most of the horizontal lines have disappeared.

My question is how can I get back to the perfect print quality? Do I need to replace the print head? Is there a better way of cleaning the print head? What other actions can I take to fix the problem?