Canon Pixma IP6600D Inks

fauxink

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I am considering buying a Canon Pixma IP6600D and was wondering, from someone who ownes one, about how long those ink cartridges last? That sounds awful expensive to me since I am use to buying generic ink for my Epson. Also, how well does it print and any problems with it?

digitalartist71

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
supposed to be a great printer...i am considering to replace my ip3000 with it since it doens't utilize a pigment black cartridge which seems to clog if risking third party inks. only concern...it prints black text and the such much slower...where a pigment black is dedictaed to black text etc ...and whips through pages real fast instead of mixing all colors to form black...and result isn't s sharp and crisp. i'd kinda like my ip3000...except for the broke head now...but may just get another head instead of a 6600d.... (6000d? older one...6600D newer chipped carts???) cant remember...but i am tlking of the older non-chipped one.

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
The 6600 is a good printer, as was the 6000d, but only if you use it as a dedicated photo printer. If most of the documents will print are text documents, you will be much better off if you can find an ip 3000 or ip4000...even the newer ip4200 would be fine. Compatibles will be out for these newer models in a few months, to be sure.....
In any case, good luck!