Canon Pixma IP4300 Which Inks ??

avolanche

Print Addict
Reaction score
I'll ad to the above post.Do a search on Ebay and email any questions to Dave at Hobbicolors.He is extremely helpful.Their inks are called "UW8" for color(equals CLI-8) and "PMT-BK" for pigment black(equals PGI-5).

martop

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
' I'll ad to the above post.Do a search on Ebay and email any questions to Dave at Hobbicolors.He is extremely helpful.Their inks are called "UW8" for color(equals CLI-8) and "PMT-BK" for pigment black(equals PGI-5).'

I'l second that,

As newbie to refilling I ordered a large refill kit from Hobbicolours, I did have a question about the black pigment ink, I had an answer from dave very quickly, not only an answer but a easy to understand explaination and refill instructions added in ! my order was sent on monday so will just wait till it arrives. One thing I wish he would sell is cli-8 blanks, would be handy to have :)

martop

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Servo said:
I've tried the ink swiss pre-chipped compats, and found the ink wasn't as good as others I've tried. The red comes out much darker, and I don't see any ink swiss black, (pig|), just the normal one.

I've seen the photo inks and they are 1 more, but I'm not sure how much of a difference there will be.

I got some of their american based dye to try (30ml refill kit) which is also cheap, but I'm hoping the colour will be better. I refilled the carts once with the ink from my ciss unit, and that was superb.

Oh and their pre chipped carts do refill and the chip resetter works on them.
Servo,

These pre chipped carts you got, the swiss ink ones,where they from here by any chance ?

http://shop.ink.co.uk

While I was searching for swiss ink the site sent me to the above address, prices look attractive for the pre chipped carts, not sure about the ink but if its the same brand in the 1 lt bottles it may do for filling carts that can be used when its for the likes or documents and stuff that end up in the bin by tea time.

Servo

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
martop

Yes, thats the carts. They do reset, and refill okay. I found the red alittle darker than other inks I've tried. The refill kit do give better results on the red.

I've found a seller on ebay, who sells canon compat ink, but only 4 colours for 10 including delivery.(100ml bottles). These are not generic inks, but formulated for use with the canon.

I have noticed with the compat carts, they do show empty long before all the ink has gone. I managed to print 70 full photo A4 sheets before it showed the cyan empty.

martop

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks Servo, had a look at them today after reading your post, for what I need these resetable compats seem to be fine as hoping to use them as spares for refilled oem carts. I have not found any pigment black there and I dont fancy using dye based.

I cant beleive the same place sells the redsetter for 10 when I had mine imported from germany !!

thanks for the reply, most usefull.

mocars2

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
martop said:
I cant beleive the same place sells the redsetter for 10 when I had mine imported from germany !!

thanks for the reply, most usefull.
Who and where are the resetter selling for 10?

wilko

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma
martop said:
Servo said:
I've tried the ink swiss pre-chipped compats, and found the ink wasn't as good as others I've tried. The red comes out much darker, and I don't see any ink swiss black, (pig|), just the normal one.

I've seen the photo inks and they are 1 more, but I'm not sure how much of a difference there will be.

I got some of their american based dye to try (30ml refill kit) which is also cheap, but I'm hoping the colour will be better. I refilled the carts once with the ink from my ciss unit, and that was superb.

Oh and their pre chipped carts do refill and the chip resetter works on them.
Servo,

These pre chipped carts you got, the swiss ink ones,where they from here by any chance ?

http://shop.ink.co.uk

While I was searching for swiss ink the site sent me to the above address, prices look attractive for the pre chipped carts, not sure about the ink but if its the same brand in the 1 lt bottles it may do for filling carts that can be used when its for the likes or documents and stuff that end up in the bin by tea time.
A word of caution about using ink from this site. I experienced 2 major printhead blockages on my IP3000 & IP4000 printers using their ink. Managed to clear them but be warned. The cheap cartridges are also poor quality. The Swiss cartridges are much better but the print outs are no where near the quality of Hobbicolors. Ink.co.uk are very good value for the Canon resetter, photo paper and sundry items but stay away from their ink. It's universal ink which they sell for all printers and it doesn't suit Canon printers, in my experience.

leo8088

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
I have used Hobbicolors ink for a long time. Besides excellent colors their ink works extremely reliably on my ip4000 and ip4200. I often print pages after pages of color document in batches. When picking up the thick pile of prints from the printer I never saw bad prints except when ink happened to run out in the middle of my print jobs. That's the moment you would be really impressed by how good quality the ink is. Two weeks ago I was in a rush to print some 8x10 photos. I started out with cartridges full of ink. I kept printing one after another, with short breaks to open the files on the computer to print. I kept printing until my magenta ink ran completely out. I finished a 50 sheet box of 4x6 and about a dozen of 8x10 photos. The printer did not even hi-cup once. I used prefilled compatible cartridges on my ip4000 before. There is simply no comparison. Too often and too many quality issues. Wasted a lot of money on those aftermarket compatible cartridges.