Canon PIXMA ip4200 will not print

Ronald Johnson

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Could someone give me some advice?

Both lights are flashing, have turned printer off and on again, but same thing. When I open top, print head and colours do not slide across and center anymore either. The last two times before it would not print, the green and yellow lights would keep on flashing. Thought an ink cartridge might be low but was not. So pressed the yellow light button about 5 seconds and it went off and printed. Then went on a week vacation (printer was disconnected)plugged it back in and has not worked since. When the ink cartridges raise up they vibrate a little, then the machine stops working and the green and yellow lights alternate off and on.

Thanks

Ron

Ronald Johnson

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Just found the problem. Had an error message 6A00 and it was the sponge pad tray in the lower right side inside the printer. The sponge tray raises up when the ink head is over it and then is supposed to lower itself as the ink head moves away from it. In this case the sponge tray stuck in the up position so when the head came back again it simply ran into the tray and stopped everything. I simply moved the tray up and down a few times and that cleared everything up. In my case some ink that was in the pad had spread over the edge somehow and dried on the hinge pin. Sort of glued it in place untill I pushed it down with a small wood rod.

Ron

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Nice detective work - congrats for sticking with it.. This might help someone else eventually.