canon pixma ip3000

mintman

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
recently my printer stopped printing in colour, so I replaced two cartridges that were almost empty, then I got the green light and the dreaded 5 amber flashes . This indicated a print head problem.I removed the print head but could not see anything untoward so replaced it. stil;l had the amber 5 flashes .Went through all the steps of holding the power button in and pressing the resume button, but to no avail. now I have no power at all. The machine is totally dead.----can anyone help?

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
The print head is likely fried beyond repair. The printer is detecting a bad print head. Be careful to try a new one. There is a chance that a new print head be fried immediately by a printer with a fried print head.

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
mintman said:
recently my printer stopped printing in colour, so I replaced two cartridges that were almost empty, then I got the green light and the dreaded 5 amber flashes . This indicated a print head problem.I removed the print head but could not see anything untoward so replaced it. stil;l had the amber 5 flashes .Went through all the steps of holding the power button in and pressing the resume button, but to no avail. now I have no power at all. The machine is totally dead.----can anyone help?
A Canon printer that will not power up indicates a serious problem. You will probably need a replacement printer.

Wayne

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
When you got the 5 orange flashing lights, you were correct in your diagnoses that the print head had failed,
so when you took it out did you clean/wash it and then put it back in damp by any chance.

Now that you have no green light on your power button its most lightly that the logic board has also developed an electrical problem.

A replacement logic board and a new print head would cost a kings ransom so spend your money more wisely
and invest in a new Pro 100 for a fraction of the cost and lay your old iP3000 to rest.. :(

mintman

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks for all your comments,I'm afraid that yopu are all correct in saying that the printer has had it's day. However it was a very good printer, and I do not know what is best to replace it ---- any suggestions?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
mintman said:
Thanks for all your comments,I'm afraid that yopu are all correct in saying that the printer has had it's day. However it was a very good printer, and I do not know what is best to replace it ---- any suggestions?
You obviously missed this suggestion...
The Hat said:
A replacement logic board and a new print head would cost a kings ransom so spend your money more wisely
and invest in a new Pro 100 for a fraction of the cost and lay your old iP3000 to rest..

ocular

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Its a sad day when a IP3000 dies, the last of the canon nonchipped. Cut my teeth on this printer. Have three still running with CISS and one brand new one still boxed and some new printheads stored away.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
ocular said:
Its a sad day when a IP3000 dies, the last of the canon nonchipped. Cut my teeth on this printer. Have three still running with CISS and one brand new one still boxed and some new printheads stored away.
Me too, except I have an iP4000 still NIB and a couple new printheads (but no CISS).