Canon Pixma ip100 Refilling PGI-35 Black & CLI-36 Question

whizzer

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I am new to this forum, but not new to refilling Canon carts. I ruined a printer about 15 years ago and switched to a more trusted supplier, subsequently printing many thousands of pages with refill inks, mostly dye based. I have found this forum refreshing, full of kindred spirits. Thanks!

A few months ago I purchased a Canon Pixma ip100, and I like the SIZE(!!) speed and output very much. I was a road warrior during that time and this tiny printer fit the bill in a BIG way, pun intneded. That job has gone away at least for now, and I am using the printer in a different way. I'd like to refill it, and it is pretty obvious, this is the place to be.

Since I've already searched, I think this device may be sorta new ground for this forum, (unless I'm missing something) but I'll bet the principles involved make this a slam dunk for many of you.

I disassembled a spent black PGI-35 and during the post-mortem found only a single sponge filled tank. No surprise here, and I imagine the 4-color cart is similar.

I need to determine if the inks I have are compatible, and get suggestions for refilling techniques.

I stock Dye Based colors for my Canon i9900's. (I'm not sure if I should mention the vendor, so I won't) I also keep Pigment Based black inks in 2 flavors. One is formulated for maximum UV blocking characteristics for screenprinting film positives and one is just generic pigmented black. I can't determine the type of black ink in the disassembled PGI-35 cartridge, but it doesn't smell like pigment ink to me. I'm betting the 4 color CLI-36 is all dye based, but I can't confirm.

Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.