Canon Pixma iP 7250 ink question.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Yes I use that ink and have no hesitation about recommending to anyone who want to save on print costs while maintaining great looking prints, the refillable carts are pretty good too.. ;)

SpartanWarrior

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Yes I use that ink and have no hesitation about recommending to anyone who want to save on print costs while maintaining great looking prints, the refillable carts are pretty good too.. ;)
you have the same printer? Because that ink is made by Prodinks and I've never heard of them before, also how is the fading? Thanks Hat ;)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Fading is a much worn subject when it comes to using dye inks and Prodinks are as good as the next , it all depends on what paper you use and in what environment you tend to display your prints and in what levels of natural light.

Now taking everything into consideration all brands of dye inks will fade, some quicker than others, like weeks, to months or to years, but if you want or need archival prints then it’s a must to use pigment inks. [Far safer too]

The Big two, Epson and Canon say that their dye ink prints on their own glossy paper with last 100 years, and who’s to say they wont, but the one thing I do know is that this type of paper will delaminate in no time, again depends on the environment, so for much for archival prints.. !

SpartanWarrior

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Fading is a much worn subject when it comes to using dye inks and Prodinks are as good as the next , it all depends on what paper you use and in what environment you tend to display your prints and in what levels of natural light.

Now taking everything into consideration all brands of dye inks will fade, some quicker than others, like weeks, to months or to years, but if you want or need archival prints then it’s a must to use pigment inks. [Far safer too]

The Big two, Epson and Canon say that their dye ink prints on their own glossy paper with last 100 years, and who’s to say they wont, but the one thing I do know is that this type of paper will delaminate in no time, again depends on the environment, so for much for archival prints.. !
Ok I am ordering, but one more question, on my Epson 1500W when the ink gets low the Epson utility will warn me, does this Canon do the same? Thanks

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Yes is the answer, all OEM and compatible cartridges will warn you when the cartridge is low on ink and it’s time to refill, with compatibles don’t wait refill immediately ..?

SpartanWarrior

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Yes is the answer, all OEM and compatible cartridges will warn you when the cartridge is low on ink and it’s time to refill, with compatibles don’t wait refill immediately ..?
Ok thank you, but even if I wanted I can also use the German refill method?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
It’s not a good idea to use the German method on these OEM setup carts, nor will you have any ink monitoring and you’ll never know when there’re empty.

Ink monitoring only works with a functioning chip, you have a good chance of losing your print head, so please use compatible carts instead with top fill.

SpartanWarrior

Printer Guru
Reaction score
It’s not a good idea to use the German method on these OEM setup carts, nor will you have any ink monitoring and you’ll never know when there’re empty.

Ink monitoring only works with a functioning chip, you have a good chance of losing your print head, so please use compatible carts instead with top fill.
One more question Hat, when I install this ink how many prints on plain paper should I do to get rid of the Canon ink so I can ICC profile the new ink to the paper I'm using? thanks.