canon pixma 4300 failure: two colour cartridges with flashing LEDs

conan

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I am using cartridges for which you have to transfer the chip from the original cartridges to the cheaper ones.

This has been working fine for a few months already until recently: now both magenta and cyan cartridge has a flashing LED and printing does not work (also not after pressing the continue button on the printer).

plenty of ink left in all tanks, I get the following report for printer status:

The function for detecting the remaining levels of the following ink has been released.
Black [5]
The following ink may have run out.
Magenta [8]
Cyan [8]
The following ink tanks are running low.
Yellow [8]
Prepare new ink tanks.

I know the detection function ceases to operate once originals cartridges are replaced by ones that aren't from Canon. This would be fine, but it does not seem to get that it should switch of that function for other cartridges than just the black 5 one. How does this work ?

Recently changed the yellow one for the first time, black 5 is already down to second replacement. Changed magenta and cyan fot first time a few months ago.

Anyone has any suggestions how to get past these issues and get the printer to work again?

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
What happens when you send a print job to the printer? The printer should displays some messages on the screen of your PC. You have to respond to those messages correctly in order to move over to the state of the PG5 cartridge. One response will be to press the resume botton for 5 seconds or longer. Pressing the button at a wrong time will not do anything for you.