Canon PIXMA 2600 MP190

tmierzwa

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I bought a Canon pixma mp 190 and have already gone through the supplied cartridges. I guess they don't put much in those things. New cartridge prices are outrageous! I had a refill kit from Hewlett Packard and refilled those carts I removed. 20ml in the black and 6ml in each color chamber. I have searched many sites looking for a continuous ink system. Most of what I found is a whole bunch for epson and hewlett packard. How come these ink people don't make stuff for Canon CL31 and PG30? Are they THAT difficult to make? How would I go about making a cfs for the Canon? I can get capillary tubing and use needles from other refill kits I have. Just want to know how the thing works. Is it just surface tension that draws ink into the cartridge sponge? Or is there a partial vacuum created when the ink flows?

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Maybe you should first thing about buying a printer which has seperate cartridges for each colour instead of 3-in-1 things. Therefore a MP520 or even better an MP600 would be better. They contain 3 times as much ink and the cartridges are very easy to refill and you can reset the chip to fullfill the ink level back to 100 %.

The cheaper the printer is, the more expensive are the printing costs. In such an extent that sometimes buying a complete set of new cartridges is even more expensive than throwing away the complete printer and buy a new one.....

tmierzwa

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I had a pixma ip6000d photo printer - 5 color plus black. after 3 months the printhead clogged and I got streaks and no color. I got a replacement from precision roller co. for 85 dollars. that one only lasted 6 months, they replaced it no charge and THAT stopped working after a month.

jflan

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
tmierzwa said:
I had a pixma ip6000d photo printer - 5 color plus black. after 3 months the printhead clogged and I got streaks and no color. I got a replacement from precision roller co. for 85 dollars. that one only lasted 6 months, they replaced it no charge and THAT stopped working after a month.
1. You don't give enough details to comment on this experience.
2. The printer you have now is an inexpensive, entry-level machine designed for very light duty service.
While technically refillable, it is not a desirable machine to have for refilling purposes.