Canon Pixima IP3300 generic software or reset cartridges???

sandman55

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi guys I have a Canon Pixima IP3300 with PG-5BK and CLI-8 cartridges. I have been refilling the cartridges for a number of years now and am still using the original cartridges. My operating system is WinXP.

I get annoyed when I sometimes get popups before printing reminding me a cartridge is empty and I have to OK several popups before I can print. You would know this and it happens each time before I print until it somehow gets the message.

My question is does someone know of any generic software for this printer or a way to reset the cartridges at filling?

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
sandman55 said:
Hi guys I have a Canon Pixima IP3300 with PG-5BK and CLI-8 cartridges. I have been refilling the cartridges for a number of years now and am still using the original cartridges. My operating system is WinXP.

I get annoyed when I sometimes get popups before printing reminding me a cartridge is empty and I have to OK several popups before I can print. You would know this and it happens each time before I print until it somehow gets the message.

My question is does someone know of any generic software for this printer or a way to reset the cartridges at filling?

Thanks in advance for any ideas.
Your prayers have being answered in a little thing called a Resetter.
It will reset your cartridge to full again just like a new one and no more pop-ups.:)

They are available on most ink suppliers websites and cost little more than one cartridge.
I have no idea where youre located so cant recommend a site to you to get one sorry.

sandman55

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Thanks mate I live in Australia so I will follow it up with my ink supplier. When I got the printer they hadn't made a chip resetter but now that they do I will find one and thanks for the pm I can't answer it till I make 5 posts.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
sandman55 said:
Thanks mate I live in Australia so I will follow it up with my ink supplier. When I got the printer they hadn't made a chip resetter but now that they do I will find one and thanks for the pm I can't answer it till I make 5 posts.
Seeing as your in Auss then try www.rihac.com.au/ they should have just what you need.. :thumbsup

sandman55

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Thanks mate I have found one on EBay for about $16 from a seller with a good reputation