Canon Paper: Buy 1 Get 4 Free PLUS 50% Off Select Paper Packs!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
And the definition of insanity is??
@turbguy, It’s clearly printed on the box FRAGILE, so what does that word "fragile" mean in the US, I reckon it’s something to do with contents being breakable, but I could be wrong. :hu

P.S. If Canon want to dispose of all the paper damaged in the past six months I’ll pay the Shipping to Ireland, no hesitation.. :D

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
'Fragile' on a box does not mean anything, it is even misleading because a customer typically would expect special care during transport but that's not the case as long as you would not pay a premium for that service. The same applies to pack tapes with similar printing - forget it, you won't get a cent more for that from the carrier's insurance. It's simple - the standard transport contract does not cover any special customer specific handling for such markings.

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Finally got box #3. Same packaging, but materials undamaged! Third time is the charm?? I bet they are getting a LOT of this stuff returned.

BTW, the call to report damage, and get replacement, takes about an hour due to the nature of the deal. The phone attendant was very humorous. When I asked if there was any stock left of the 13" x 19" material, he said, "Yes, I have 2041 more packages left to bend and dent"!

The boxes being used appear to come directly from Japan, although they ship from Illinois. They simply slap another label on them...

I cannot see how Canon made ANY money on this transaction!

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
Finally got box #3. Same packaging, but materials undamaged! Third time is the charm?? I bet they are getting a LOT of this stuff returned.

BTW, the call to report damage, and get replacement, takes about an hour due to the nature of the deal. The phone attendant was very humorous. When I asked if there was any stock left of the 13" x 19" material, he said, "Yes, I have 2041 more packages left to bend and dent"!

The boxes being used appear to come directly from Japan, although they ship from Illinois. They simply slap another label on them...

I cannot see how Canon made ANY money on this transaction!

Guess they will just have to increase their prices in the EU!

OK guys - just a joke, but is seems that is how Canon works. (Called Killing the willing)

rs

Latest posts