Canon Paper And Epson Printer

Methodical

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
USA
Can I use Canon paper on the Epson Stylus R1900? Just so you know, I use the Color Munki to profile my monitors and printers, so in this case, I would create a profile for Canon paper using the Epson inks.

Thanks...Al

thanhhuy123

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 5525
Some Epson use all pigmented ink => you need a photo paper that's happy with pigmented ink and piezo printing tech.
Some Epson use all dye ink => you might use normal photo paper that's usually works well with all dye ink. Piezo printing tech may driff the color off a little bit.

Methodical

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
USA
Thanks. This printer does use pigmented ink. The reason I asked is because the Canon paper I have is compatible with the Pro 1 and 10, which both use pigment ink. Plus, I got a mess load of Canon paper during their paper sale.

crenedecotret

Print Addict
Reaction score
I think you'll be fine... just don't assume that the closest media setting on your R1900 is the right one (ex: Glossy setting for your Cannon Glossy paper). Each paper setting will deposit a different quantity of ink on the paper. Experiment with a few different media types, and when you think you have found the best possible one, run a profile with your Colormunki.