Canon P100 Carts half full or half empty?

Spittinimages

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson4000;CanonP100;Epson730
A visible inspection of the carts clearly indicates they are half full. But as you can see - the Supply Levels say differently.
Any way to get them to operate.? Or do I bite the bullet and replace 5 carts.

Attachments

• Screen Shot. Canon P100 Supply Levels  2020-04-15 at 3.49.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot. Canon P100 Supply Levels 2020-04-15 at 3.49.15 PM.png
    221.9 KB · Views: 262

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I presume you have a Canon Pro 100 based on the ink cartridge model. I have not heard of a P100.

1) Do you use OEM ink cartridges or third part aftermarket cartridges.

2) Do you refill? If so, what cartridges and what ink? Did this issue began after refilling or replacing cartridges?

3) Did this happen all of a sudden or was it gradual?

4) Any other issues before this happened? Was the printer functioning properly?

5) When was the last time you printed? Do you print regularly, once every week or two, or are there weeks or months between print jobs?

6) If you squeeze the cartridges do they drip ink with minimal effort? If you dab the cartridge's ink exit port on a paper towel, is there a good transfer of ink onto the paper towel?

7) Support Code 1600 not only happens for empty cartridges (four flashing light pattern on external control panel), but also improperly seated cartridges (no light on next to that cartridge inside the print head). Try re-seating the cartridges.

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART152956

If all else fails then try a new or known working cartridge.

Spittinimages

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson4000;CanonP100;Epson730
I presume you have a Canon Pro 100 based on the ink cartridge model. I have not heard of a P100. Yes Pro100

1) Do you use OEM ink cartridges or third part aftermarket cartridges. OEM

2) Do you refill? If so, what cartridges and what ink? Did this issue began after refilling or replacing cartridges? Not refill, Cartridges were not replaced

3) Did this happen all of a sudden or was it gradual? Suddenly - Printer not used for 10 days

4) Any other issues before this happened? Was the printer functioning properly?Functioning perfectly

5) When was the last time you printed? Do you print regularly, once every week or two, or are there weeks or months between print jobs? I usually run a nozzle check when I'm not printing work but not this time

6) If you squeeze the cartridges do they drip ink with minimal effort? If you dab the cartridge's ink exit port on a paper towel, is there a good transfer of ink onto the paper towel? On some yes good transfer and on others no

7) Support Code 1600 not only happens for empty cartridges (four flashing light pattern on external control panel), but also improperly seated cartridges (no light on next to that cartridge inside the print head). Try re-seating the cartridges.
Hey the reseating worked on 3 of the 5 - so I replaced 2 - which happened to be the ones with no transfer as in your question 6

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART152956

If all else fails then try a new or known working cartridge. Thank you Stratman, well appreciated!

Edit: