Canon MX922 Code 1403 Error

Huggy540

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX922
Two year old Canon MX922 was showing streaks in nozzle test. Cleaned head and worked OK for a short time.
Finally ordered a new Print Head (e-bay, from China). Installed the new head and immediately got the Code 1403
error. Put the old head back in and it also now gets the 1403 error. Also get the same error with no head installed.
I think the 1403 error is from a temp sensor from the printhead. Believe the same sensor is used to signify that
no head is installed. Is there any way to override this error? Taping contacts etc? The print head is a QY6-0086.
Could this new head have possibly fried something on the main board? I did get half my money back on the new head.
This has been a good printer and would like to salvage it. I do know how to disassemble it if needed.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Unfortunately you took the wrong route in fixing your MX922 printer, you should have purchased a new head from a Canon dealership, because the EBay route is mostly a waste of time and money and now that cheap refurbished head has damaged your logic board. Sorry..

You have no choice but to buy a new printer as the cheapest option…