Canon MX340 Inkpad Overflow error code

kday

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX340
Thanks for your help and expertise on this forum. I see this has been discussed in many places, and I've spent hours, but I can't seem to find a link to an appropriate site for downloading the necessary service tool. My printer is in service mode. I believe I know what I need to do once I get the service tool. My problem: I can't find a free site/link for the appropriate service tool. Please help so I can download that tool and get this printer working! Thanks.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
The printer is around 10 years old so any of the available free service tools will work. I recommend version 3400 as older versions might have problems with newer Windows 64 bit versions, and version 3600 is only partly translated from Chinese(?). See this post for a download link that is still active. A service manual for the MX340 might also be useful. You find one here.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Please help so I can download that tool and get this printer working! Thanks.
Here is the service tool you require, copy it to your desktop and rename as in this pic..
It is not a Zip file so dont try to unzip it..
service tool.JPG

Attachments

• Service tool v3400.zip
    434 KB · Views: 386

kday

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX340
You have been extremely helpful and I appreciate it! After many days of research, coming here actually solved everything! I just had a gut feeling that this was a great legit, knowledgeable forum and I was right. Got the service tool (3400) and it had enough English in it for me to reset the Inkpad overflow error. Printer is working amazing again just in time for my Christmas cards. Thank you for your expert advice!

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
You are welcome and thank you for the feed-back.

The service tool unlocked the printer so you can print again, but it didn't make the ink in the absorbers disappear.

Some say you can reset the absorber counter just once and get away with it, others say you risk a nasty ink spill when the absorbers overflow. If you don't want to replace or clean the absorbers, putting some kind of tray under the printer to contain possibly leaked ink might be a good idea.