canon mx320

grandpaclint

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
hi all, and thanks for letting me join this forum.

I guess i could read every post on the forum, but most posts re. my canon mx320 are over a year old.

Here is the deal,,,, has anyone cracked the ink cartridge low ink lock on this printer
I cant believe, what with all the PC guru's out there someone hasn't figured this out
I refill my ink cartridges and now i cannot reset the damn printer.
I think the canon mx320 is an awesome all in one printer any help will be appreciated

Thanks

grandpaclint

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
grandpaclintI cant believe, what with all the PC guru's out there someone hasn't figured this out
PC Gurus look after PCs not inkjet printers.
Try this fix below and see if it will get your printer back in action again..:weee

Each time the cartridge is removed from the Canon printer an empty cartridge
message appears and a blinking amber light will come on, on the printer.
Turn off your printer and unplug.

Press and hold down the Power button, while simultaneously plugging the power source back into the wall.
Press and hold the Cancel/Stop button (while still holding down the power button) three times.

Release the power button and wait for ten seconds, until the printer screen says IDLE
Press the right arrow key on the printer until the screen reads Shipping Mode 3.

Press the OK button twice. At this point, a test page should print.
Open the top cover of the printer, as if you were going to change the ink cartridges.

Unplug the power source to the printer, without first turning it off with the Power button.
Remove the ink cartridges and close the cover.

Plug the printer power source back into the wall and press the Power button to turn it back on.
Replace the cartridges and the printer ink is full.

grandpaclint

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
hey thanks,I'll give that a try

i think I tried that before,,but forgot,,,,I'm old--72 and the memory fades--lol

thanks again

grandpaclint

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
hey,,,whats wrong with the guru's, figuring it out and selling the info for 5 or 10 bucks
I dont think i would be the only one that would be glad to buy it. but that's life in the PC world