Canon MP980 scans look fine on screen but come out with pink cast

pward

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I hope someone can help. My brand new Canon MP980 copies and prints perfectly, but when I try to print a scan, the colors have a pink cast. In other words, if I place either a B&W or color photo on the platen and make a color copy, the result is near perfect; if I scan the photo, the result on the screen looks fine, but the printout is poor. I have tried scanning B&W photos in grayscale with the same poor results.

This is a disaster as I am an artist who got the printer in order to be able to scan artwork and make multiples.....

I ran the nozzle check and it came out fine. I can't imagine it's a problem with the ink cartridges as the copy function produces great results. I also printed some photos and they came out perfectly as well. It must be something with the scanner itself. I have scanned using one-click as well as from the scanner driver in advanced mode with various settings.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software as well.

Thanks for your help--I purchased the printer a few months ago and no longer have the box, returning it would be such a hassle as I ordered it online---so I hope someone can help me make it work!

PWard