Canon MP830 inner cover sensor

wpmoody44

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have been refilling inktanks for some time. I recently cleaned the print head. I have done
this a few times. The last time, the printer fails to print. Error message inner cover open. I
have checked everything. re installed tanks, wiped printhead contacts. Nothing works.
I reset the printer. Where is the cover sensor? Can it be checked? Any advice would be appreciated.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
wpmoody44 Where is the cover sensor? Can it be checked? Any advice would be appreciated.
The inner cover usually refers to the CD tray.
Try opening it fully, then close it again and then try a print job..:)

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
The American version of the MP830 is equipped to print on CD/DVDs but the stock firmware is not capable (you need to change to a different country version such as UK) and there is a gray piece of plastic that blocks the slot that you would feed the CD Tray into (which can be taken off). There is an inner cover that folds up or down which acts like a shelf-like guide for when you insert the CD Tray. If this inner cover is down, or even slightly ajar from the full upright position, then you will get the error when you try to print.

An animated GIF of this issue can be seen about halfway down on the page at http://support-th.canon-asia.com/contents/TH/EN/8200542400.html

wpmoody44

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have the US version. I have checked and re checked this cover several times. No joy. Anyone know where the
sensor or switch is?