Canon MP830 black ink not printing correctly

goldstarelectric

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I printed last night with no problems at all, not one missing dot that I know of. This morning, anything printed through the PGBK cartridge, seems to echo for four or five lines almost as if the printer were feeding the page too fast. I have done all maintenance steps to no avail. I have removed the print head and manually cleaned it with alcohol. The nearest Canon repair facility is 150 miles away and Canon won't give advice except to send it to a dealer. I did think of replacing the print head but I'm not sure. The alignment sheet has vertical rows of horizontal lines missing. I will upload the alignment sheet and the Windows test page after this, THANKS!!!!!!!

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
You especially need to upload a scan of the nozzle check. I would advise you not to do any more cleanings by removing the print head. And don't print anything except nozzle checks until you get it working again.

goldstarelectric

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
6205_nozzle_check.jpg

RMM

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Very strange indeed! I wish I could give you a solution... but this one really has me stumped.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
This is an electrical problem which cannot be fixed by cleanings. Your only hope is that it is a bad connection on the back of the print head where it touches the little metal contacts on the carriage. You could try to clean them but since you already have removed the print head for cleaning the nozzles and because it happened without disrupting the contacts, I doubt that it is an intermittent. A new print head will fix the problem. If your printer is still under warranty, Canon will send you a new one. If it's not under warranty, you might get lucky and get a free one under Canon's Loyalty Program.

goldstarelectric

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I will find out in a couple of days. I ordered a new print head from Ebay for $42. I will keep my fingers crossed and let you know what happens, THANKS!!!!!!!!

goldstarelectric

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I got the new print head today and had absolutely no change. I guess it is electrical but in the printer's processor, not the head. I bought a new printer today. : (

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
I'm really sorry about this. This is the first time that I can remember where an electrical problem of this type was in the printer and not in the print head. I would contact Canon's Loyalty Program linked on post #6 and see if they will have sympathy on you.