Canon MP760 Weird error message after replacing ink cartridges

rscdsdancer

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
:(My Pixma MP 760 recently needed new ink. I replaced two cartridges, did the basic service options, printed a number of pages successfully and shut it down.

When I next turned the printer on, I had an error message that stated" Rear Cover The paper is jammed. Clear the paper and press OK".

I checked and there was a piece of paper in the rollers,(one of the service options required loading paper in the rear (upper) feed) and I gently removed it. It was not torn.

However, when I pressed "OK" the machine whirred while a different screen message "Wait for a while" appeared. But the original error message reappeared.

I doubled checked the entire machine trying to find more paper to no avail. I then tried the "menu/ scan/copy/scan" and cleared the service memory, to no avail.

I have tried unplugging it, waiting and restarting but all I get is the same error message and there is no paper jam. Called Canon and they were unable to help and the closest service depot is 600+ miles away..not an option.

Any suggestions on how to purge the memory (?) or any other trick to get my beloved printer working again would be gratefully appreciated!

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Have you opened the door on the back of the printer to see if there is any paper or bits of paper in there? You need to pull up on the latch and then the door will open down. This is not where you put the paper in the top/rear part of the printer, this is on the very rear of the printer.

If you have already done this or if you cannot fix the problem after doing this, then I can only guess that there is a sensor somewhere that has gotten wedged in a state of alarm. I have no idea where these sensors are. It could also be an electrical problem that makes the printer think that a sensor is detecting paper where it shouldn't be.

Please report back and maybe we can come up with some more idea if necessary.

rscdsdancer

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm afraid it must be a sensor, as I opened the rear hatch and checked the rollers for minute pieces of paper; got out the "canned air" and made sure the printer's inner paper path was pristine, and still the wretched error message upon a restart.

Doubled checked that the ink cartridges were installed properly and still....no go.

Ah well, perhaps it is time to say goodbye to my faithful printer.

All the best,
rscdsdancer